Monday, August 10, 2009

Walking & Routine

I have decided that I am going to actually start an exercise routine. I'm reshaping how I spend my days. It's actually quite nice. I get up, get ready, go to school, come home, make/eat dinner, go for a walk, take a rinsing shower, pajamas, tv & bed. Now out of the whole list, my favorite part is the pajamas. When I was student teaching, I got into the habbit of coming home and immediately changing out of my professional clothes into something more comfy - PJs!! I just tend to forget, especially now, that many people (my landlord and her kids) stop by in the evening, while I'm still in my PJs - opps. My walks are very nice. I never count my milage or steps and I have started to settle into a path which starts with a 1 of flat walking then it is hill central for a long time until I am ready to come back up the hill for a long flat walk around all the blocks south of the RR tracks. Most of the town I live in is set up on block format, except for the new developments on the outskirts of town, so I can easily pace myself and expand my walks 1 block at a time. I just seriously wish I had a walking buddy- my iPod is great, but it would be nice to talk to someone on occasion.

I'm just hoping I can lose somewhere around 20-30lbs before the wedding. We will see..I don't own a scale so I have to go by my clothes sizes... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment